Old Baker's Farm field trip

  • clscogin
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 3, 2006
      The following field trip is sponsored by CAFE (Central Alabama Family Educators) and Teaching at Home.

      Cherie

      *Old Baker's Farm
      Location: Harpersville, AL
      Date: October 19, 2006
      Cost: $7.00 per person (under 2 free if they don't get a pumpkin)
      Time: 12:00 noon

      http://www.oldbakerfarm.com/main.htm

      When we get there we will eat a picnic lunch. I will also collect everyone's money at this time. We will learn about cotton, how it grows and is harvested. We will also be able to pick a few pieces. We will get to see some animals and maybe pet a few. We will take a hayride to the pumpkin field where we will pick a pumpkin from the vine. These will be carving pumpkins, not the little tiny ones. Then we will be able to find our way through the corn maze and/ or the hay maze. This is a wonderful farm and a great trip. I will need a list of all who are going by October 10th. If you would like to attend this field trip, please contact Cherie Scogin at clscogin@... or 205-640-2757. I prefer to correspond via e-mail since my answering machine isn't working right all the time. Please feel free to pass this on to anyone who might be interested. The field trip is open to all homeschoolers.