733Marching Band registration deadline Sat. 5/26/2012

  • homeschoolmusicprogram
    May 25, 2012
      Hi everyone,
      Just a reminder, the registration deadline for marching band is tomorrow, Saturday, May 26, 2012. I promise, this is the last email I will send to remind everyone! :) We have a good many students signed up so far, and I expect to have about 20 students participating by the time registration is finished tomorrow.

      We can have up to 35 winds (flutes, clarinets, saxes, trumpets, horns, trombones, baritones/euphoniums, tubas...) before having to bump up from Class A to Class AA at competitions, so we still have room for more! We can have as many percussion (drum line), pit (the instruments on the sideline), and colorguard (flags) as we want (their numbers are not counted), so we definitely have room for more!

      We do have two pianists signed up to play percussion keyboards (xylophone, etc.) and timpani in the pit, but one more would be nice. We also have room for one bass guitarist in pit.

      Young ladies ages 8 and up can participate in colorguard (flags). No previous experience required for this!

      If you would like more information, please go to our website www.juhsb.org. I have updated a few things this week to answer some of the questions I have been asked - especially with regards to colorguard. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me!

      Many blessings!
      Amber

      PS - If you are receiving this email after already telling me that you will not be participating this year, please know that I do have that information. This email is going out to everyone on the list so that I do not miss anyone. Please forward it to everyone who may be interested! Thank you!

      --
      Amber South
      Piano instructor and Director of Joy Unspeakable Homeschool Band