Cockpit controls/rope clutches/deck organizers

  • Joe
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2012
      I'm getting old and slow. Want to run my main & sym. spinnaker halyard control lines back to the cockpit. Installed a mast plate recently where I plan to mount blocks. Now I'm starting to think about cutting openings for the cabin top winch, a couple triple rope clutches and a deck organizer. Any advice in cutting into the cabin headliner, etc? Photos?

      Thanks much.
    • Bruce Eastman
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 4, 2012
      Hi Joe,

      Attached are photos of the following lines led to the cockpit:  Main halyard, boom vang, 4 reefing lines, topping lift, and boom vang.  The jib furling line is also led to the cockpit through the front of the port coaming.

      Before I had the dodger installed I fabricated the fiberglass companionway hatch turtle cover, and a piece of starboard with holes for the lines to pass under the dodger on the way to the clutches.

      Regards,

      Bruce Eastman
      Sojourn, 1963, hull #82

      Message 3 of 3 , Jun 5, 2012
        Bruce- Thanks much for the reply...great looking setup. Any advice/photos/observations/etc with regards to cutting & mounting of winch and other hardware. What does the cabin headliner look like now?

        PS- I used to live in the SF Bay area. For a while, in Lafayette and. later, in the city (Crocker Amazon district). Now we're in Oriental, NC (Sailing Capital of NC... 900 residents & 2500 boats, over 90% being sailboats!)