RONCO RH-B125 Holding Tank- plumbing ports

  • Joe Mattea
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 9, 2007
      Based upon advice from this site, I've ordered a LAVAC Popular Manual
      toilet. I plan to install the RONCO Model RH-B125 Holding tank in the
      forward portion of the Vberth cabin (beneath the forward end of the
      bearths).

      The RONCO holding tank supplier has asked where I want the
      Inlet/Outlet/Vent ports located. I'm thinking I'll probably run the
      plumbing forward beneath the port cabinet, and port berth. It makes
      sense to me to locate the Inlet & Vent a bit towards the port side.

      For info, my deck pumpout site is on the port side as is the through
      hull for emptying the tank/toilet directly into the water (when legal
      and absolutely necessary)

      I've posted a drawing under the Photos section of this site. Please
      see this to see where I'm considering having the ports located.

      Does anyone see any problem with the approach that I'm considering?
      Anyone have an other thoughts that you'd care to suggest?? (...even
      if you think I'm on the right track...)

      Much thanks for any input.

      Thanks.

      Joe Mattea
      Cell 304-552-5299
    • burcham79
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 12, 2007
        Joe,

        I used the same tank under my V-berth. It worked out well. I see
        in your drawing that you have (what appears to be) seperate fill
        and discharge ports at the aft end of your tank. I went with a
        single port at the bottom of the aft end, and that has worked well.
        You don't show any ports on the top of the tank, and i'd advise
        you to stick to that. I tried to have a vent port on top, and there
        wasn't nearly enough clearance. I later put my vent port on the
        forward end of the tank and ran the hose up to a fitting at the
        bow.

        How do you intend to secure the tank to the hull? I glassed in a
        couple of 2x4s as skids and lashed the tank to those with line. It
        turned out so-so.

        As you will have a long run from the head/pumps up to the tank, I
        would reccomend using a straight shot of PVC pipe with flexible
        hose between the pipe and any terminations. I did this and was
        very happy with it. West Marine now stocks the PVC-hose
        adapters necessary to make this work.

        Good luck!

        Andrew
        A35 'Athena'