NOAA Report

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2006
      Dear Alberg Folks:

      N.O.A.A. radio weather report said 30% chance of showers or
      thunderstorms in East Tennessee its quirky electronic computer voice,
      OK...(brazenly maybe) I decided to go anyway...

      So...The "Jane Anne", wife and I loaded, and loaded stuff in the boat
      and then finally headed out tired but fairly happily to our highland
      Watauga Lake earlier this week just in time to moor for for the soon
      to hit DELUGE - sigh...never even got the mast up out of the mast
      crutch. Just motored over across the Lake to a favorite cove in ark
      like fashion to ride out the great Watauga rain flood in Our Siren
      17'2" Micro Cruiser.

      Actually wasn't too bad, we read our books, ate great food and
      chatted while the waterfall which we were tied up not too far below
      in a lake pool got (trickle) bigger...(girgle) and bigger...and
      (roar) bigger!!

      It was very pretty looking at it from below, but at 5 AM, eye balling
      the roaring water falling about 8 feet thundering into the lake
      rather bleary eyed holding a flashlight, I started wondering just
      exactly how big (and loud) t'was that baby was goin' ta' get?!

      It didn't become an 'actual' problem, other than troubling my
      imagination somewhat, but even so I think I'll be anchoring a little
      further away from it next time, and using three tie lines rather than
      two.

      Got home, dried out the boat, and am now looking for a better weather
      window to head back again.

      Signed, Ol N.O.A.A.
      (AKA Ol Bill)

      Ol Bill hails out of the Micro Cruiser's SubGroup found @:

      Feel free to visit my Trailer Sailor homepage anytime.