Greater Scaup and Hermit Thrush

  • TEvans
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2013

      There have been upwards of 50 plus mallards at Taku Lake during the past 4 days.  Today the number of mallards dropped but there were 29 juvenile scaup sp. there today.  I think they were Greater Scaup but didn’t see any fly so am not positive.  I bike by Taku Lake all the time and this is the first time that I have seen Scaup in the Lake.

      Also saw a Hermit Thrush on Shore Drive ( road that parallels the coast south of Old Klatt in South Park area).  Seems late for a thrush.

      Tom Evans