Re: [AK Birding] Hummingbird in Eagle River

  • Kate McLaughlin
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 6, 2013
      Hello Tom,

      If you can get some photos of this bird to i.d. species and to document it, that would be spectacular.  For the past few years we've been getting reports of late fall hummingbirds in the Anchorage / Mat-Su Valley area and on the Kenai (Homer & Seward).  These birds have been photo i.d.'d as Anna's Hummingbirds.  I've never banded any other hummingbirds other than Rufous in AK.  I've cc'd my mentor here, Stacy Jon Peterson, who lives in Wasilla.   I'd sure love the opportunity to band an Anna's in AK!  How 'bout you Stacy?

      Today it is POURING and BLOWING hard in PWS.  The birds have booked out or are hunkered down, but the silver salmon sure are loving this weather!

      Kate

      Kate McLaughlin
      McLaughlin Environmental Services
      PO Box 8043