Photos Eurasian Hobby Alaska from 8-12-13 extralimital

  • William Leigh
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3 7:16 PM
      All,

      On a recent trip to Alaska I photographed a Eurasian Hobby which I mistakenly identified as a Peregrine. Bird was observed off and on from 7:00 AM to around
      5:45 PM on the cruise ship the Zaandam as it cruised between Seward and Glacier bay. The Hobby made several forays from the boat off and on throughout the day and I saw the bird on
      ~ three or 4 different times throughout the day. I
      was totally focused on finding Tubenoses and was not looking carefully
      at this bird much to my chagrin.

      Other birds seen on this float on the Zaandam with Holland America between August 11th and August 17th included:
      Black-footed Albatross, Forked-tailed Storm Petrels, Northern Fulmars, Leaches Storm Petrels, 2 South Polar Skuas, Parasitic and Long-tailed Jaegers. Lots of Phalaropes and several Shearwaters that I could not identify to species.

      see below for link to photos.. .

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/34227153@N06/

      all the best,

      William Leigh leightern@...