Late post for the Mat-Su valley - Anchorage Tues.

  • ak_zukes
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 27, 2013
      Sunday near Kashwitna Lake (just north of Little Willow Cr) saw an American Three-toed Woodpecker & a Northern Flicker. Couple of Sandhill Cranes continue to frequent the bogs nearby. Ravens, Boreal Chickadees, Gray Jays, & Dark Eyed Juncos are frequent and there was a single Yellow Warbler. I suspect the American Three-toed Woodpecker was the same one I've been hearing all summer drumming away in the woods. Also, first frost on exposed metal surfaces Sunday morning.

      Anchorage Near Birch & Huffman, there have been a lot of Orange Crowned Warblers zipping through the trees this evening. Estimate a flock of about 20, mixed in were a smattering of Black-capped Chickadees & Red Breasted Nuthatches.

      Steve W.