Re: [AK Birding] Anchor River Shorebirds and Homer Aleutian Tern question

  • Jim Stevenson
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3, 2013
      Aaron, et al,

      I spent a fair amount of time on the spit in late June and the first half of July, and saw no Aleutian Terns where you recently did, or anywhere else (including the site where they have nested by the airport several years). I showed my clients that species off Anchor Point, between the Arctics.

      Your list of shorebirds almost exactly mimics my list along the beach there at Anchor Point the first week of July. I got one shot of all five species in flight together, all in focus, but don’t know how to send it out. We Texans are still horse n buggy, remember.

      Considering I’m in Blythe, CA, where it’ll exceed 110 today, I sincerely miss Alaska.

      Jim

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2013
        Aaron,

        I was wondering if you could provide directions to "the spit" and other areas you birded near Homer.

        Also about how far is Homer from Seward by car.

        Many thanks!

        William Leigh leightern@...

        Bridgewater, Virginia

        To: akbirding@yahoogroups.com