Kachemak Bay Birders' Trip along the Northfork Rd: 7-13-13

  • lani.raymond
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 14, 2013
      A group of early-bird Kachemak Bay Birders walked along the southern end of the Northfork Road Saturday morning and found many birds and—happy to say—not many mosquitoes. It was a bright, sunny day and sounds of birds were everywhere with quite an array of different bird families around. Interesting to identify the Northern Waterthrush which perched nearby and sang many times. Nice to see a small group of Spotted Sandpipers along the river (we love our shorebirds you know) and great views of a kingfisher flying up and down the river there also. A very cooperative Lincoln's Sparrow kept in easy view and sang heartily, so beautiful in the bright sunshine and we can hope someone got a good photo.

      Yes, it was an early start but well worth it for all we saw!

      MALLARD
      MEW GULL
      SPOTTED SANDPIPER
      WILSON'S SNIPE