Another CAPE MAY WARBLER!

  • aaron_lang8
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 17, 2013
      I'm posting the following on behalf of Nancy Dewitt.
      Aaron Lang
      Homer

      Jason Reppert photographed a Cape May Warbler that he observed and heard singing at mile 18.5 (near a pullout) of the McCarthy Road June 10-12. He was in the field doing surveys and was unable to report it sooner. So, if you're heading for Mark Vail's, be sure to stop at mile 18.5 first.

      Jason also reports. "Several different Tennessee Warblers detected along the road as well as a Sora. McCarthy road is in great shape and Kenny Lake may or may not be open for fuel, rumors and signs about closing this past Friday (14th)."

      I don't know what day he heard the Sora, but he said it was around mile 26.5. Sorry, I don't have the locations on the TEWAs yet.

      Nancy DeWitt
      Fairbanks