CAPE MAY WARBLER near McCarthy!

  • Aaron Lang
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 16, 2013
      There is an incredible rarity currently being seen near McCarthy!. Local
      birder Mark Vail sent me photos today of a male CAPE MAY WARBLER on his
      property. His property is in the Fireweed Mountain "subdivision" which is
      located about 51 miles down the McCarthy Road from Chitina. He reports that
      the bird has been present and singing for "about a week!"

      Mark has welcomed anyone to come by that might want to see the bird. The
      exact directions are a bit complex, so anyone wishing for more detailed
      directions should email Mark directly at:

      markatfireweed (at) gmail.com.

      If you're on facebook you can also find him there. I've posted one of
      Mark's photos in the album "Aaron Lang" on this yahoo groups website.

      Good birding,

      Aaron Lang
      Homer