odd sighting

  • echecsinalaska
    Message 1 of 1 , May 24, 2013
      Today we completed our annual trip from the peninsula to Fairbanks. While we were
      going through Denali park I sighted something quite odd. It appeared to be a Dusky
      Thrush eating on road kill in the highway. The bird I saw was definitely not one
      of the usual scavenger species. It was the size of a Thrush, all brown and was
      pecking at a dead squirrel. I've never heard of them doing something like this,
      but if they are worm eaters like robins, I suppose they might go for other types of
      meat in hard times.

      Has anyone else ever seen something like this?

      Dorey Harman
      Nikiski