Unalakleet Sightings

  • Ken Stenek
    Message 1 of 1 , May 21, 2013
      In Unalakleet this week for training. Took my daughter for a walk around the south end of the island near the sea wall by the river and found a small flock of 10 AMERICAN TREE SPARROWs and a DARK-EYED JUNCO so the passerines are making it to the coast. There were 4 TREE SWALLOWs at a nearby house. Many GLAUCOUS GULLs around as well. Saw a pair of RED-THROATED LOONs yesterday and many reports of flocks of SNOW GEESE as well.

      Ken Stenek
      The Shishmaref Birder
      Check out Birds of Shishmaref on Facebook
      kstenek@...