Delta - Saturday afternoon

  • Russell, Ken
    Message 1 of 1 , May 13, 2013
      Laurel and I birded the ag fields at Delta on Saturday.

      Big flocks of cranes gathering overhead and still plenty of them on the
      ground particularly on the western end of Barley Way.
      Unbelievable numbers of Lapland Longspurs.
      Swans and waterfowl throughout the area but more on the western end of
      Barley Way near Hansen. Male Eurasian Wigeon and Bewick's Swan among the
      flocks in that area.
      Rusty Blackbirds also
      Two Mountain Bluebirds along Sawmill and one on Barley.
      Four Olive-sided Flycathers.
      One Osprey, several Merlins, one Bald Eagle, numerous Rough-Legged, light
      and dark Red Tails, Harriers (almost all males) and one Goshawk.
      A few robins and Varied Thrushes
      Then there was an Osprey on Badger Slough at Nordale Road on our way home.

      In all a great day.

      Ken Russel & Laurel Devaney
      Fairbanks