Chester Creek (ANC) arrivals

  • Declan Troy
    Message 1 of 1 , May 11, 2013
      Everyone must be engaged in other "Hobbys" as I had high tide to myself
      this morning. Not too much new in the shorebirds at the mouth of Chester
      Creek. A Semipalmated Plover was my FOS and two potential Marbled Godwits
      snoozed with the Hudsonians just out of binocular range. Upstream, two
      Spotted Sandpipers were present at the Spenard Crossing and Solitary
      Sandpipers were scattered along the creek up to Eastchester Park

      Nothing new among the waterfowl but a Common Loon was present at the
      Spenard Crossing.

      The action was with the songbirds, it finally sounded like (early) spring.
      A couple of Tree Swallows over the ice flats at the mouth, a Northwestern
      Crow at the dam (the CudCrow(?), an Orange-crowned Warbler along the
      Coastal Trail outlook over the flats; Yellow-rumped Warblers, Ruby-crowned
      Kinglets, along with the usual American Dippers, and American Robins
      singing along the Chester Creek Trail.

      Finally stuff is arriving although sparrows were conspicuous in their
      silence.

      Declan