Nuthatch behavior, Merlin, Hairy and Downy Woodpeckers

  • Jacki S.
    Message 1 of 1 , May 9, 2013
      Spotted a large Merlin (identified by the white bar across tail feathers as flying away..it was sitting high up in an alder tree
      right next to the road by the hay fields out at Point Mackenzie.
      Hairy and Downy woodpeckers working on our old birch trees every day. Westchester Lagoon area.

      And, interestingly, a nuthatch pulling old white cat fur out of the top of the cat tree on my upper deck, presumably for
      its nest.
      Can't wait to check out Homer birds the weekend after this!

      Jackie S.
      Anchorage/Girdwood