Sandhill Cranes

  • ursus_8
    Message 1 of 8 , May 4, 2013
      No sure if this is old news as I know some sandhill cranes have been seen in Fairbanks and perhaps the valley. Anyhow yesterday and today there were 8-10 Sandhill Cranes at the Anchorage Coastal Wildlife Refuge.

      Tom Evans
      Anchorage
    • Anita Shepperd
      Message 2 of 8 , May 16, 2013
        Have there been any recent sitings of sandhill cranes in the Anchorage area or in the Mat-Su Valley?
      • Chris Maack
        Message 3 of 8 , May 16, 2013
          I saw two cranes on the Coastal Trail right near the south tunnel from
          Westchester yesterday.

          Chris Maack
          Anchorage

          On May 16, 2013, at 10:03 AM, Anita Shepperd wrote:

          > Have there been any recent sitings of sandhill cranes in the
          > Anchorage area or in the Mat-Su Valley?

        • mjrabinak49
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 21 4:19 PM
            Two cranes south end if potter marsh. Small pullout before potter valley Rd

            315 on Thursday

            Max
          • Andrea Ward
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 25 9:15 PM
              About 50 SANDHILL CRANES just landed in the Coastal Wildlife Refuge below Johns Park.

              Andrea Ward
            • carter_wen
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 21 6:57 PM

                A pair on the ground at Old Matanuska.  Seen from the road as you begin to drop down to the creek.

                Dave

                Butte