buntings

  • Louann Feldmann
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 25, 2013
      This AM at about 10:15 I saw and heard what I believe to be a pair of
      McKay's Buntings flying north over the South Anchorage Alaska Club.
      Their song and appearance was definitely that of buntings and I could
      see no black on their wingtips from below. At the height they were
      flying I might have not been able to see the black in the bright light,
      but I would have definitely seen the blacl tips of the Snow Bunting.
      About 11:00 AM I went to search the fields south of the Sports Authority
      on Old Seward and covered the parking lot pretty thoroughly, but could
      not find them or any Snow Buntings, just Ravens, Magpies, and 4 Mew
      Gulls. Good morning for a workout. Louann Feldmann