library Cackling Geese

  • davidsonne@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 24, 2013
      As I drove up to the pond behind the library (I guess Cuddy Park) after
      work three geese that were sitting on the sidewalk flew off. This immediately
      caught my eye as most of the geese hurry towards cars hoping for Wonder
      Bread. They landed on the ice and were Cackling Geese-smaller, darker with
      dark breasts and very short bills. There was another Cackling Goose, more used
      to humans, in the group of 50 or so Canada's.
      Dave Sonneborn