Kenai Peninsula Birding Festival May 16-19

  • c_griz
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 24, 2013
      I'm posting this on behalf of coordinator Lisa Beranek. Please refer to the referenced websites for more information.

      Happy Birding!
      Carol Griswold

      Here's some information for the upcoming festival:

      Kenai Peninsula Birding Festival website: <http://www.KenaiBirdFest.com>

      Kenai Peninsula Birding Festival Facebook: <https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kenai-Peninsula-Birding-Festival/111688202199649>

      General festival blurb:
      A birding MUST! The annual Kenai Birding Festival with low-cost or no cost events in Kenai, Soldotna and Seward is designed for birders of all levels, highlighting the natural wonders that draw thousands of birds and visitors. With events like the special Kenai Fjord Wildlife Tour, 24-Hour Midnight Sun Big Sit, Owl Night, Photography Hike and the engaging Children's Programs there is an activity for every age and ability. The 2013 festival is scheduled for May 16-19. For more information, including a detailed festival schedule, visit: www.KenaiBirdFest.com or find the festival on Facebook!

      Kenai Fjord Tour info:
      Puffins, Auklets and Eiders--Oh My!
      New to the Kenai Peninsula Birding Festival is Alaska's #1 wildlife tour with Kenai Fjord Tours on Thursday, May 16th. The tour is great for novice birders but open to all! The tour boasts 2 seabird experts, 1 wildlife guide, lunch and 6 hours of Alaska's most amazing scenery, all for a DISCOUNTED price! To receive this discount, call 1-877-777-4051 to reserve your tickets using discount code: KENAI WATERSHED FORUM. For every ticket purchased, Kenai Fjord Tours will make a donation to the festival to keep festival events low cost in the future. Discount is NOT available online.

      Kenai Peninsula Birding Festival Kenai Fjord Wildlife Tour
      May 16, 2013
      6-Hour cruise (11:30am-5:30pm), Seward departure
      2 on-board seabird experts, 1 wildlife guide
      Lunch included
      $129.60 (rate with discount) plus tax and fees

      Link for info:<http://www.ciritourism.com/KWF.html>