Immature Bald Eagle reunites w parents

  • Jacki S.
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 22, 2013
      Hi everyone,
      The Bald Eagles that nest behind our house on the hill behind Westchester Lagoon have been very steady with

      rebuilding the nest, carrying long sticks to it every day for the past 4 weeks. I think they've been there at least
      4 years now. Last week, we saw a beautiful sight as their 2 young ones from last year returned and all 4 eagles,
      two mature, the two immature, flew in circles right over our yard for a reunion....then they perched together in
      two different spruce trees to hang out a while....the immature left the following day.

      Also, the redpolls, black capped chickadees, ect are much fewer at the feeders.

      2 pair of Stellar Jays are regular. 3 pair of Magpies.
      A pair of Hairy Woodpeckers have returned to our old birch trees, unfazed by the new European Starlings.
      The largest flock of Canadian Geese in a perfect V going north very high up near Point McKenzie, sat.

      What kind of gulls are those flying around and nesting on Westchester Lagoon? I can't figure it out.

      Thanks,
      Jackie Stefano
      Anchorage, Girdwood