Lingering seaducks and Emperor Geese

  • suzigolodoff
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 19 10:52 AM
      April 19, 2013

      Yesterday's scouting around Unalaska Bay came up with only two Long-tailed Ducks, half a dozen Steller's Eiders, and fifty Emperor Geese. Still seeing large flocks of scoters in the bays. I did see an immature male King Eider yesterday, and possibly a couple of females (too far out to tell) but that's a 'new' bird for the area this week.

      No arrivals yet, but the blueberry bushes are budding out and I saw two bumblebees weaving through the spring air.

      And one territorial Song Sparrow who got a bit flustered at himself in my Jeep mirror.