Red Crossbill recordings?

  • c_griz
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 18, 2013
      Hello Birders,

      There have been a handful of sightings of Red Crossbills in Alaska the past month or so -- I'm inquiring to see if anyone has recorded any of the birds?

      There are several call types of Red Crossbills in North America, and since my below eBird piece went out, I've collected recordings from 40 States and 4 Provinces. Alaska is one area I haven't received a recording from yet.

      For more on the call types see my recent eBird paper:

      http://ebird.org/content/ebird/news/red-crossbill-types

      Recordings via iPhones and video recorders will work too.

      cheers, and thanks in advance
      Matthew A. Young
      Audio Production Engineer
      Cornell Lab of Ornithology