possible Northern Mockingbird update

  • Aaron Bowman
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 26 9:27 PM
      I just made contact with one of the people who first sighted the
      reported Northern Mockingbird.
      The first sighting of the bird in question was on Friday the 22nd just
      south of the Reese Rd and Robinson Rd T junction in N. Peters Creek near
      Mirror Lake Middle School. The second sighting was a day later about
      400 meters NE of that location on a trail between a water pipeline and
      the Mirror Lake Middle School (just NW of the school).

      No photos have been taken at this point. Based on the description I was
      given, including that there was a dark patch over the eye area and the
      general description of the call, I could not exclude the Northern Shrike.

      Looking forward to more spring birding...this weather may have set
      things back a few days!

      Aaron Bowman