Siberan Accentor

  • Shirley
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 14, 2013
      I flew over from Kodiak on Wednesday and drove to Seward this morning in a heavy snow storm. There was deep snow on the ground and lots of birds were visiting feeders. Carol Griswold had contacted Joe Staab and he accompanied me to a feeder on Suicide Hill. The Siberan Accentor appeared within five minutes of our arrival. The bird stayed on the ground the entire time we were there and I had time to really look at it. This sighting more than made up for my first attempt to see the bird in the terribly cold weather in mid-January. Many thanks, Joe and Carol!

      Shirley Berns
      Kodiak