Re: [AK Birding] Redpolls - first of the winter

  • Pamela Eldridge
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 8, 2013
      RED POLLs are back at the feeder for day two. Nice to hear their chattering outside the window.

      Pam Eldridge

      Sender: AKBirding@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2013 08:14:02 -0000
      To: <AKBirding@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [AK Birding] Redpolls - first of the winter

      A flock of about 25-30 REDPOLLs visited my front yard bird feeder on Monday morning at 10:30. It is filled with chipped sunflower seeds. The birds were quite active, flitting about from the lilac bush, to feeder, to ground and back to the lilac. I could see other birds in the neighbor's trees, but could not tell what they were. The birds stayed about 20 minutes. Sure was nice to see them - first time this winter.

      Pamela Eldridge
      Anchorage, Old Seward south of Huffman