Christmas Count Dusky Thrush

  • w
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 11, 2012
      The Christmas Bird Count needs Dusky Thrush Watchers! Last year, the Thrush was found during count week, but not on the Count Day. It would be national news if we could find it this year.

      Here's the plan: We'd like to put a team on the ground in Turnagain who are part of the Christmas Count but who are specifically looking for the Dusky Thrush. They will ONLY be looking for the Thrush. This allows the regular team in that area to count as usual and not duplicate birds also seen by the special team, but it increases the chances that we will find the Thrush.

      Ideally, we need people who have seen the Thrush previously, who know the area very well, and who have a camera sufficient to document the bird if they find it. If that's you, and if you are not otherwise committed to the count on Saturday, please contact me at flybynightclub at gci dot net.

      Let's track that guy down!

      w keys
      Spenard