Seward rescued swan update

  • c_griz
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31 8:35 PM
      I learned today that the swan that was recently rescued in Seward is a TUNDRA SWAN. She will be released in a week or so in a Washington refuge where she will join last year's rescued swan, Marshmallow, who suffered from an arrow injury at Tern Lake. If all goes well, the Tundra Swan's foot will heal, and she will be able to rejoin her family when they migrate north in the spring.

      Her caregiver, Tasha, said the lonely swan would not eat initially and seemed despondent until she put a mirror in the enclosure and played Tundra Swan calls.
      Those brilliant but simple tricks worked and now her prognosis looks very good.

      Thanks, Tasha and the ASLC!

      Happy Birding!
      Carol Griswold
      Seward Sporadic Bird Report Reporter