Killdeer at Anchor Point

  • allthingsbirds
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3 11:13 AM
      I was walking the beach at Anchor Point yesterday (2-August 2012) around 4:00 pm (high tide)and observed a Killdeer at the wrack line about 500 yards north of the parking lot (where the boats put-in/take-out). The rufous rump and tail were noted in flight. I will try and post a photo.

      Also observed were:

      Black Turnstones (100+)
      Surfbirds (50+ and most
      Semipalmated Plovers (3)
      Greater Yellowlegs (8)
      Lesser Yellowlegs (6)
      Least Sandpipers 9*0
      Spotted Sandpiper (1)
      Black-bellied Plover (in breeding plumage)
      Short-billed Dowitchers (4)
      Sanderling (1)

      Michelle Michaud