white-tailed ptarmigan

  • Philly Kid
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 17, 2012
      Today at 2:00 Phil and I saw a White-tailed ptarmigan at Arctic
      Valley. We took the main trail behind the fee station and walked up and
      veered left. The birds were near a wet, snowy, marsh area below the
      facility road not too far from what looks like a monument(I am told in
      is a vent). There were two birds.
      Carolyn Kline, Anchorage
    • akredgreen
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 14, 2013
        Two family groups of white-tailed ptarmigan with 5-6 young each were near the top of Peak 3 (Flattop, Peak 2, Peak 3) in the rocks this afternoon (Sunday).
        Pat Pourchot