Hooded merganser

  • Charlotte
    Message 1 of 2 , May 19, 2012
      Brief stop at Eklutna Tailrace - mile 4 Old Glenn Highway - this morning (Friday) about 10 AM. With the scope found Male hooded merganser in pond down the trail on the right. It was on the far side near the shore.

      Past years I have also seen a male hooded merganser at Eklutna tailrace 5/1/2010 & 5/14/2009. both of those times I think it was in the smaller water areas to the right as you start down the trail. May have seen it in that location Thursday night, but to far to tell for sure withe binoculars

      Other birds:
      Trumpeter Swan
      American Wigeon
      Mallard
      Hooded Merganser
      Red-necked Grebe
      Yellowlegs
      Bonaparte's Gull
      Herring Gull
      Arctic Tern
      Tree Swallow
      Black-capped Chickadee
      American Robin
      Yellow-rumped Warbler

      Charlie
      Butte area
    • Charlotte
      Message 2 of 2 , May 21, 2013
        Nice day for a bike ride around Bodenburg Loop rd
        Male hooded merganser in Falk Lake, along with Bufflehead pair & scaup pair
        American Golden plovers in field at end of McComb Rd
        Pectoral sandpipers in fields here & there
        Charlie