Goose Lake

  • Chris Maack
    Message 1 of 9 , May 1, 2012
      Goose Lake thawing around the edges, enough for some mallards and a
      gull. Heard a YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLER and WOOD FROGS.

      Chris Maack

    • Chris Maack
      Message 2 of 9 , May 9, 2012
        Walked over to check the status of PACIFIC LOONS on Goose Lake about
        8:45 a.m. Just as I arrived there was a vigorous chase going on
        between two loons and later I saw that three were present. The
        unwelcome third party never flew away and eventually all three settled
        into feeding and preening, but with many peeks below the surface.

        The pair of BONAPARTE'S GULLS were back in residence. Also seen or
        heard: MEW GULLS, MALLARDS, AMERICAN WIGEON, RED-NECKED GREBE, DARK-
        EYED JUNCO, YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLER, AMERICAN ROBIN, VARIED THRUSH.

        Chris Maack

      • Chris Maack
        Message 3 of 9 , May 6, 2014
          Goose Lake is now open and two Pacific Loons are present.

          Chris Maack