Two Great Gray Owls near the Clitheroe Center Thursday afternoon.

  • gary_rasmussen2002
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 9, 2012
      Thursday afternoon there were two Great Gray Owls near the Clitheroe Center. One spent most of the afternoon, on the north side of the road, about a block before the Clitheroe Center, in the trees east of the clearing. A lot of people drove past without every noticing it. The other was hunting in the old recycling center, and moved around often.
      The Great Gray Owl in the recycling center spent nearly a ½ hour hunting from a bush fifty feet in front of me. Five times it flew towards the mound I was standing on, and returned to the bush. Twice it plunged into the snow, within 15 feet of me, but didn't catch a vole either time. (I only shot 332 pictures this afternoon.) I had a fantastic day! It was a spiritual experience observing such magnificent creature, at close range.
      Gary Rasmussen