American Dipper

  • Gary
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 11, 2011
      American Dipper seen flying along the Little Campbell Creek channel at 80th & Homer Drive, Anchorage, on the south side of Fire Station 12.

      The creek is barely 2 feet wide, and flows through a 4 or 5 foot diameter culvert under the Seward Highway just north of Dimond Blvd. I've seen dippers in this area several times, and I've seen small salmon or dolly varden in the creek. This creek flows through so many culverts and channels,and through many commercial/industrial areas. It is surprising to see the life that it supports.

      Gary Bullock