Re: [AK Birding] Bohemian waxwings and European Starlings

  • Chris Maack
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2011
      Yes, starlings are still around. I saw a flock in my neighborhood in
      East Anchorage for the first time 2 weeks ago. And there are usually
      some down along Ship Creek.

      Chris Maack
      Anchorage

      On Oct 31, 2011, at 10:12 PM, Anita Gomez wrote:

      > Ah ha, so that's what they are? I was not close but thought that
      > might be European Starlings. One question on the starlings are they
      > still around and has anybody see any my son wan't to hunt them. I
      > know when we had the last tour of Westchester/Lake Hood last year we
      > saw Starling then. So I'm thinking they are still around, any help
      > on this subject would be appreciated.

    • Louann Feldmann
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 1, 2011
        I have seen recently (besides lots of Bohemian Waxwings) a couple flocks
        of birds in berry trees that I was disappointed to discover were
        Starlings, most recently today around Raspberry and C Street,
        Anchorage. Bummer! Louann Feldmann PS Just before the snow the Great
        Gray Owl was still on the corner of C and Tudor. Haven't looked since.
        Louann Feldmann