Fw: [AK Birding] Bohemian waxwings and European Starlings

  • Anita Gomez
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 31, 2011
      Ah ha, so that's what they are?  I was not close but thought that might be European Starlings.  One question on the starlings are they still around and has anybody see any my son wan't to hunt them.  I know when we had the last tour of Westchester/Lake Hood last year we saw Starling then.  So I'm thinking they are still around, any help on this subject would be appreciated.

      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 1, 2011
        Yes, starlings are still around. I saw a flock in my neighborhood in
        East Anchorage for the first time 2 weeks ago. And there are usually
        some down along Ship Creek.

        Chris Maack
        Anchorage

        On Oct 31, 2011, at 10:12 PM, Anita Gomez wrote:

        > Ah ha, so that's what they are? I was not close but thought that
        > might be European Starlings. One question on the starlings are they
        > still around and has anybody see any my son wan't to hunt them. I
        > know when we had the last tour of Westchester/Lake Hood last year we
        > saw Starling then. So I'm thinking they are still around, any help
        > on this subject would be appreciated.

      • Louann Feldmann
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 1, 2011
          I have seen recently (besides lots of Bohemian Waxwings) a couple flocks
          of birds in berry trees that I was disappointed to discover were
          Starlings, most recently today around Raspberry and C Street,
          Anchorage. Bummer! Louann Feldmann PS Just before the snow the Great
          Gray Owl was still on the corner of C and Tudor. Haven't looked since.
          Louann Feldmann