Shorebird update

  • John Wenger
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2011
      To update Dave's recent report of shorebirds at the Mud Bay area off the
      Coastal Trail, I biked there yesterday and the numbers now are much
      higher.probably around a 1000 Hudsonian Godwits and about the same for
      Short-billed Dowitchers. They are now returning from the breeding grounds
      in abundance. Check your tide tables and be there about an hour or
      half-hour before high tide.close views! John Wenger Anchorage

    • Anita Gomez
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 30, 2011
        Hi John, Can you tell me where Mud Bay is on the coastal trail.  I'm not sure what area your talking about.  This is a great report, I'd love to head out there when the tides right.