Anchor Point Birds (for peeps, this is a correction)

  • Steven Friend
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2011
      (6 miles by air, 10 miles by road) east of Anchor Point off North Fork rd, at my house and surrounding neighborhood. These are the birds I've seen / heard over the last few days (haven't spent much time looking)

      Wilson's warbler (May 28, FOS)
      Townsend warbler (May 28, FOS)
      Orange crowned warbler
      Yellow warbler
      Yellow rumped warbler
      VG swallows
      Tree swallows (May 27, FOS)
      Olive sided flycatcher (May 30, only second heard so far this year)
      Snipe
      juncos
      gray jays
      B eagles
      Robins
      Varied thrush
      Hermit Thrush
      Black-capped chickadees
      Fox sparrows
      Lincoln sparrows
      Golden crowned sparrows
      Red-breasted nuthatches
      Ravens
      Magpies
      Ruby crowned kinglets
      Cranes
      Pine siskins
      Common redpolls (most I've ever seen this time of year)
      and two songs I haven't id'd yet, plus two rocketing falconish birds.

      Plus on one walk just off my driveway had a black bear pop out about 40 feet away. Always good to get the blood pumping when birding.

      Steven Friend
      Anchor Point