Help needed to identify

  • bonzeriffic
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2011
      My friend recently was on a cruise off of the tip of South America, in the South Atlantic. He came back with several great photos of birds. This one he could not identify. He forwarded it to me and I struggled also. Maybe some of you excellent birders in Anchorage can help us out? Mr. Keys? Dave Sonneborn? Anybody? The photo is new in "G.Lyon" album.
      Thanks in advance!
      Gary in Homer
    • rswagner4
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2011
        That would be an amzingly evolved Chinstrap Penguin that appears to have figured out a way to trade it's wings with some sort of Petral:-p Any ideas on names for this incredible new species!

        Seth,
        Seward, AK