Leucistic Redpoll

  • alaskabirder
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 22, 2011
      We have a very interesting Redpoll coming to our feeders here in Fairbanks. I believe the bird would be consisted a "leucistic" bird. I'm guessing it is a Commmon Redpoll based on the heavy streaking on the flanks and more tan on the wing coverts. Not evident in photos is a hint of pink in the upper breast. I first saw the bird Jan 14 and it is still appearing on a regular basis as of today. Photos can be seen under Clark-Dearborn in AKBirding photos.

      Judy Dearborn
      College Hills
      Fairbanks
    • catherinediehlrobbins
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 8, 2013
        I believe this is a Leucistic Redpoll. It was amongst the Common Redpolls that frequent my bird feeders on a daily basis. I live mid-hill side off Rabbit Creek, Anchorage.

      • Pamela Eldridge
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 8, 2013
          sure is pretty!
          Pam