Gyrfalcon at Kasilof River Mouth 12/6

  • The Burkes
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2010
      While waiting for the Rock Sandpipers to materialize at the mouth of the Kasilof River (they never did) I entertained myself by watching Mallards (13), Common Goldeneye (85), and Long-tailed Ducks (30) offshore. While doing so a gray Gyrfalcon jettisoned 20' over the flocks of ducks and then continued on its way south over the dunes, woods, and beyond.

      Toby Burke
      Kenai, AK