Sat Anchorage to Anchor Point

  • ak_zukes
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 10, 2010
      Yesterday I took a drive to Anchor Point (should have gone to Seward)
      Along the way, apprx 50 swans at various locations, mostly between Anchorage and Portage. One Hawk Owl near Summit Lake, more swans, Gray Jays, Steller's Jays, 30+ Bufflehead's at Kenai Lake, Common Loon and Spruce Grouse at Kelly-Peterson Lakes Rd. 6 Short-billed Dowitchers & 1 Lesser-yellowlegs at the Kenai Flats viewing platform.
      Between Clam Gulch and Anchor Point there were 1000+ White-winged Scoters, 300+ Surf Scoters, and a smattering of Black Socters & Harlequin Ducks. One Red-Throated Loon, more Common Loons at Anchor Point, plus Pigeon Gullimot's & Marbled Murrlets. Lot's of gulls, but I couldn't pick out anything unusual.

      Steve W