Sunday Anchorage

  • ak_zukes
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 10, 2010
      I went to look for the White-fronted Goose at the C street Woodlot Pond that Mr Whitekeys described. No white-front. There were a few mallards, a lesser yellow-legs doing laps around the pond and a Peregrine Falcon chasing everything in sight. This bird had jesses and was being used in falconry by a guy at the corner of O'Malley & Minn.
      Across the street from the Woodlot Pond at the Target Conservation Area Pond (that what the sign says) there were 30 mallards being harassed by a rogue muskrat.
      Up the road at the Abbott-o Rabbit ball fields there were apprx 300 Canada Geese and at two Cackling Geese in the bunch.(Mallard sized Canada's) A little further up the road at the gold course there were 12 goldeneyes in the golf course pond.

      Steve W.