Re: [AK Birding] Kenai info

  • Conservation For The Oregon Coast
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 10, 2006
      Hello Paul! Thank you for your reply to our request. I have just turned
      30, my wife is younger than I and we are looking at this as a recreation
      now, building later type of investment. I should have it paid off in 5
      years and we will reassess at that time to see where we are at, etc. In
      the process of considering for purchase, we used a wonderful website
      (http://www.kenaiwetlands.net/) to be sure our land will be situated off
      of the wet lake bed areas, etc. As well as other sources. The land is
      located in a sub division called Moose Point.

      My sister lived in Girdwood and used to visit the area frequently for
      the clamming and fishing. I am the real bird brain of the family and
      love to see the "regulars" as well as rare species. I guess I was just
      really hoping somebody could tell me. like you did if we could expect
      the kinglets (my wifes favorites) and I could be assured of having
      Chickadees and Nuthatches.

      Thank you for any/all info you have given or could continue to provide
      (if you so desire). If it has to do with the Kenai and the wildlife
      there I am all about hearing it.

      Pretty good storm here today, plenty of wind and rain for sure.

      Have a great evening and thank you again!

      Jay

      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 10, 2006
        Thank you Dave... Anything in particular you look ofrward to seeing
        there (and what time of year?)

        Have a good evening!

        Jay

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 10, 2006
          Linda, I would love it! Thank you for your excellent information. We are
          so happy to have the chance to do this. We always wanted to stay on the
          Oregon coast but the prices are going so high here (a trashy home in
          Coos Bay proper for almost $200,000). We chose the next best place (in
          our hearts), an adventure in a wild place we hope will stay so for as
          long as possible.

          Excellent information and I thank everyone for everything thus far. As
          far as Pine Siskins go, we had two a couple weeks ago for one day,
          eating sunflower after a sizable storm. I expect to find them after this
          one breaks as well. Last winter we kept at least 25 siskins throughout
          the winter which was hard on the thistle budget. :)

          Jay

          --
          Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul alike. -- John Muir, The Yosemite (1912).
          http://conserve.tidelink.net

        • Linda Story
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 10, 2006
            Sounds like you are getting all kids of good info. Just where on the Oregon
            coast do you live? I had great grandparents come over the Oregon trail and
            have girls living in Klamath Falls, Klamath lake is wonderful birding. I
            have very good friends in North Bend. The mouth of the Kenai River is
            wonderful birding. Linda