Get Ready To Rumble

  • w
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 13, 2010
      The Smackdown at the Lagoon is TOMORROW morning. The nation's premier In-Your-Face birding event begins with team registration at 8:30am, and will be followed by Ornithological Trash Talk starting at 8:31!!
      Rumor has it that the Valley is NOT fielding a team because they are terrified of the Anchorage teams.
      When I personally called Peregrine Joe and asked him if he wanted to be on the winning team, he replied, "Yes I do--I'll call Kenna Sue!!" It has gotten so ugly that teams are talking trash about their OWN TEAMS.
      If you haven't got a team, just show up and we'll put a team together or find a spot for you on an existing team. Just bring binos, rain gear, a bad attitude towards your fellow birders, and a dish to share at the potluck awards ceremony to be held immediately after the smackdown at 1:00pm.
      Complete rules were posted on this site a few days ago. If you're not capable of scrolling down the messages, you're not ready for the anti-social birding event of the year.
      Last year, the winning team spotted 37 birds between 9:00am and 1:00pm. Today, a recon team of one person found 36 in 3 hours. This could be a record year.
      Westchester Lagoon north parking lot by the cafe at 8:30am. See you there.

      w keys
      Commander in Chief
      Anchorage Audubon Society.