Results of Seward Trip.

  • trapperdan1
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2010
      Hello guys,
      I'm posting my list from the Sunday Seward Birding trip with Anchorage Audubon. We did end our trip 5 miles ESE of the Chiswell Islands. Many thanks to our Capt. Dan, our excellant guides Peregrine Joe Staab and Sewards Sporadic Bird Reporter Carol Griswold.

      Common Murres
      Thick-billed Murres - a dozen on the Beehive Rock
      Pidgeon Guillemots
      Marbled Murrelets
      Ancient Murrelets - 11 seen
      Kittlitz's Murrelets - about 5 seen
      Parakeet Auklets - several
      Rhinocero's Auklets - several
      Horned Puffins
      Tufted Puffins
      Sooty Shearwaters - 3 spotted
      Red-faced Cormorants - nesting on Chiswell Islands
      Pelagic Cormorants
      Double-Crested Cormorants
      Northern Fulmar - 100ft in front of boat on the water.
      Winter Wren - calling on cliff face, checked twice
      Black Oystercatchers - possible chick sighted
      Black-legged Kittiwakes - hundreds
      Surf Scoters - 40
      Pacific Loon - 1
      Hermit Thrushs - several
      Glaucous-winged Gulls
      Bald Eagles
      Red-necked Phalarope - 1
      Fox Sparrows - several

      Humpbacks, Orcas, Seals, and a Mountain Goat with Baby also sighted.
      We had a great time, thanks to White Keys for all his hard work coordinating.

      Dan Crowson
      Wasilla,Ak