Big Year

  • wkeys_99503
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2006
      I really didn't intend to do a Big Year in 2006, but on New Years Day
      I saw a Raven, A Magpie, and some Waxwings. If I only see 3 birds a
      day for the rest of the year, I'll set an all-time Big Year record of
      1095!!! So I'll take this opportunity to wish you all a Happy New
      Year now, because all you'll see for the rest of the year is my dust!!!

      w keys
    • Ken Stenek
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 26, 2016

        I just met John Weigel from Australia who is doing a big year. He is heading out to Gambell for the pine bunting, which I hope he gets. He says he is at 778, which is a new record by a long shot. His blog is www.birdingfordevils.com if you are interested.

        Ken Stenek
        Science Teacher
        Shishmaref School