Horned Grebe at Potter Marsh, Anchorage

  • kesugiridge
    Message 1 of 1 , May 9, 2010
      Sorry that this is a little old, but I got a good look at a (the?) horned grebe on May 1 & 2 in the usual spot in the little ponds between the highway and the railroad tracks by the south end of Potter Marsh. Did not see more than one either time.

      Do I remember reading that he(?) has eventually found mates in previous years?

      If you haven't been there before, please keep in mind that it is neither a particularly pleasant nor a particularly safe viewing area.

      Carl Ramm